Friday, July 17, 2009

Swoosh...






Before I stepped outside to smoke a cig (very bad habit) a few minutes ago, I quickly threw on some kicks... I sat down on the curb and stared towards the ground at my size 4 feet wondering why it felt so good to just slide on a pair of dunks, well, sneakers period.

I alway had this "thing" for kicks, my mother hated it, but the feeling of a fresh pair of Nikes always felt so good. Being one of the first to cop a pair of Jordan's on a Saturday morning always gave me a rush, made me just want more. I have an extensive amount of sneakers that I would probably never give up because the love is so strong. Being a 20 year old young woman has slowed me down a little though. You definitely can't throw on a pair of Air Raids for a job interview, but no matter what, my passion for the Nike swoosh will always be here.

Sneaker situations nowadays have definitely changed from the past, so my passion for it has shifted slightly. Before they started putting retro Jordans into packages of two, sh*t was all good. You would go to the store, cop what you WANTED and go on with your day. These packages force you to cop two pair of kicks when you probably only like one of the pair offered. You try to find somebody to go half with you but chances are the person wants the same pair you want, so it doesn't work out. I was NOT feeling this change so I haven't copped any of the packages that were released.

Another issue I was having with the Jordan world was the whole Fusion concept. Now, I'm going to keep it funky and admit that I copped one pair of fusions which were the white/black Jordan Fusion 12's, ONLY because the XI/XII package hadn't come out yet. I hate even talking about this because when the package finally did come out, I couldn't find my size anywhere =(. Those Fusions are the only Fusions I actually found to be halfway decent. To this day, I only wore them twice. Outside the retro family, the only Jordans I rock with are the white/red Team Jordan 9.5, white/black/red Jordan Oldschool's (they KIND OF reminded me of my throwback II's), and the white/grey/yellow 10.5... the rest can kind of kick rocks lol.. Since I'm in Virginia right now, the only pair I brought with me to post are the Fusion 12's, sorry... I'll post the others when I get back to Georgia =) ...promise






I have to go outside and walk these puppies before they have a heart attack


Signing out of MyWorld
Ms. Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Nice shoes.
    and follow my blog please.
    http://www.skatedailynews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete